You want to speak english ? Here we speak english !

Festival
De passage
De passage

Message Posté le: Lun Jan 23, 2006 20:34 pm    Sujet du message:
definetely mint sauce is a part of english cookery, but you seem to forget, the strawberry one, the apple one, all the things you do hate, we do love it... and it is so british...

Citation:
Something around 80% of interresting jobs requires spoken and written english, even for working in a 100% french environment.

yep it is because it is the international language, but i really believe that other languages are important to be learnt... we could just try to open our minds to other cultures. But the problem is, that, us, english people do not see any interest to learn, for instance, french, because, most of french people are english speaking person...

Citation:
90% of the proposed channels are made in USA.

which is bad, even for english people, we really are in the shadow of the usa...

Citation:
foreign languages is not only an ouverture to the world, but the only way to get good job with good wages

it is true, in a way, but what about people who are learning english for allow travels?
TheDark
Suprème actif
Suprème actif

Message Posté le: Lun Jan 23, 2006 21:37 pm    Sujet du message:
Festival a écrit:
Citation:
90% of the proposed channels are made in USA.

which is bad, even for english people, we really are in the shadow of the usa...

It's an application of the old truth: When you can't convince them with intelligence, dazzle them with bullshit. Mr. Green

Citation:
Citation:
foreign languages is not only an ouverture to the world, but the only way to get good job with good wages

it is true, in a way, but what about people who are learning english for allow travels?

I guess we should start on chineese... soon enough it will become one of the dominant languages on the face of Earth.
Minalou
Actif
Actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 24, 2006 07:39 am    Sujet du message:
lol Thedark, that's what I've been told yes! "And why wouldn't you learn how to speak chineese...?"...
Webi
Actif
Actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 24, 2006 13:39 pm    Sujet du message:
Hello everybody, how are you today ?

Wow, there is a publicity in the end of this topic for languages but it's for italian... ! Laughing
Webi
Actif
Actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 24, 2006 13:40 pm    Sujet du message:
The advertising is gone ! Shocked
TheDark
Suprème actif
Suprème actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 24, 2006 14:31 pm    Sujet du message:
Minalou a écrit:
lol Thedark, that's what I've been told yes! "And why wouldn't you learn how to speak chineese...?"...

Personnally, I'll learn both chineese and japaneese, but I can't affort the courses, and opposed to english that is a relatively easy language to learn and on wich I have alot of contacts with, theese two asian languages needs serious bases for somebody to go on.
Minalou
Actif
Actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 24, 2006 14:39 pm    Sujet du message:
Where did you learn to speak english, if you don't mind me asking ? Wink I've been studying it for years now and I need to improve it. I love this language, I think it sounds lovely (much better than german in any case!)
TheDark
Suprème actif
Suprème actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 24, 2006 14:57 pm    Sujet du message:
I'll take this last question for me, but the others may say where they learn english too. Wink

When I wa a child, I watched english channels on tv, it gave me a general basic understanding. Then I started on reading, novels mainly, when I was about, 12 or so. As soon as I reach proper age (16), I took the opportunity to live in total immersion, three weeks. That improved big time my conversationnal english. I think that total immersion is one of the best way to learn, doubled with reading to improve vocabulary. You're forced to "think" in the foreign language, and for somebody like me, who haven't general affinity with languages, it is a well working "technique".
Minalou
Actif
Actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 24, 2006 15:30 pm    Sujet du message:
I'm sure it is! I've done that once, but in England. I have some american friends and we often talk on the phone, so, when I go to England, I always feel a bit lost because the accent is completely different! And as you said earlier, watching english channels is also a very good way to learn english, well languages in general I should say.
Jeeze I wish my spanish was as good as you're english! Very Happy
ZiBoUiBoUi
De passage
De passage

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 31, 2006 18:52 pm    Sujet du message:
it's a very original and funny topic, it's good but i'm not very good in english so i will speak with easy expressions ok?
So_b03
Membre
Membre

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 31, 2006 19:03 pm    Sujet du message:
Don't wory ZiBoUiBoUi, the same goes for me... So Ithink it's not a problem!!! You can speak with easy expressions ( well it's me opinion... Embarassed)
Invité

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 31, 2006 19:55 pm    Sujet du message:
[message supprimé]

Dernière édition par Invité le Lun Avr 26, 2010 17:16 pm; édité 1 fois
ZiBoUiBoUi
De passage
De passage

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 31, 2006 20:06 pm    Sujet du message:
so if it's good to speak with easy expression,
Good night!!!! Lol
Minalou
Actif
Actif

Message Posté le: Mar Jan 31, 2006 20:06 pm    Sujet du message:
I would like to help you but I know very little about that....But hey, working in Oxford is great! It's a wonderful city and I've been told people there were very friendly and are glad to help you when you're a foreigner. I would love to work in Oxford if I could, it's such a great opportunity!
Let me know if you apply Wink
So_b03
Membre
Membre

Message Posté le: Mer Fév 01, 2006 11:27 am    Sujet du message:
Sorry Shangora I can't help you.... Sad
Festival
De passage
De passage

Message Posté le: Sam Fév 04, 2006 21:09 pm    Sujet du message:
Shangora a écrit:
I'm about to apply for a job in the field of genetics in Oxford. The recquired profile matches exactly my own professional experience, but i can't help but wonder...I've never been abroad, i know very little about british culture, and to speak frankly, I've never considered working out of France before. Should my candidature be accepted, I'm afraid that I won't fit easily in English social system, no matter how hard I try. It's not a matter of comprehension, it's all about those prejudices against French. I'm scared to be left aside...it's so difficult to find a job in France, i tend to consider my gesture as an act of despair of a sort. If any of you has ever worked in England, what kind of difficulties were you confronted with? Answer me please!

I know it is quite hard it is true that english people have some problems with french, but you have to try, all the english people are not evils... I have now some french friends who came in england as "au pair" and they are very nice, i know Oxford, and people in that town are friendly, am sure you'll be happy there. If you want to meet new friends do not hesitate to join a club, it is the best way to meet people... Unfortunately am quite far from Oxford but am really sure you can find a way to meet people... And you'll meet probably other people from other countries, such as Poland, the Tchec republic, which is very very good for you...
Go on, enjoy, England is not so bad... and once again all the brits are not evils!!!!
see ya soon and good luck for the job
Webi
Actif
Actif

Message Posté le: Sam Fév 04, 2006 21:54 pm    Sujet du message:
Hi everybody ! Very Happy
How are you today ? Me, I'm too tired to speak english this evening... Crying or Very sad
Invité

Message Posté le: Sam Fév 04, 2006 21:55 pm    Sujet du message:
[message supprimé]

Dernière édition par Invité le Lun Avr 26, 2010 17:16 pm; édité 1 fois
Festival
De passage
De passage

Message Posté le: Sam Fév 04, 2006 22:56 pm    Sujet du message:
Shangora a écrit:
Thank you very much Festival, your message made me quite happy! I send my application form yesterday, all i have to do now is wait for their answer.

am glad my message has been usefull

good luck once more we all keep our fingers crossed

bye
Invité

Message Posté le: Ven Fév 24, 2006 14:30 pm    Sujet du message:
[message supprimé]

Dernière édition par Invité le Lun Avr 26, 2010 17:17 pm; édité 1 fois