Correction Anglais (un peu beaucoup urgent)!!!!!!!!!!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum pour jeunes -> Travail, études

Petitange
Suprème actif
Suprème actif

Message Posté le: Sam Nov 19, 2011 20:48 pm    Sujet du message: Correction Anglais (un peu beaucoup urgent)!!!!!!!!!!
Voilà. Mercredi prochain je passe un oral au cours duquel je devrais expliquer pourquoi je souhaite intégrer une université américaine. Cet oral s'établira sous forme d'un entretien au cours duquel je devrais blablater 10minutes. Ensuite, on me posera des questions pendant 5 minutes.

Je voudrais simplement que vous corrigiez mon texte s'il vous plait parce que je suis nase en anglais. Je n'espère pas avoir une super note, mais étant donné que je vais passer devant un jury ainsi que plusieurs classes, j'aimerais ne pas avoir l'air trop ridicule.

Voilà le texte:

Good morning!!! First of all, I would like to thank you for granted me this interview. Now, I am going to introduce myself a little bit to begin. So my name is ***, and my last name is ***. I spell it ***. I’ve got twenty years old and I come from Reunion Island. It’s a French overseas department wish was situated in Indian ocean, at the East of South Africa and Madagascar, close to Mauritius.

I am a student at the University of Reunion Island. I am in my third and last undergraduate year with a major in chemistry and a minor in Physics. You must know that the third undergraduate year at Reunion Island corresponds to the junior year in U.S.A.

I chose this curriculum because chemistry is a passion for me. A lot of people are convinced of that chemistry was fatal for the environment. But that isn’t true in several cases and I think that we can use chemistry to protect nature. Furthermore, since I was in High school, I was fascinated by chemistry and nature. Effectively, biodiversity was present all around us in Reunion Island and we have to protect it. Consequently, In the future I would like to become a researcher in chemistry to the service of nature.

I really love the place where I live, but in another hand, I would like to see other country to discover another culture and being independent. For that reasons among others, I would like to integrate the University of Texas at Austin.

At first, I choose a university in U.S.A. because I’m very interested by this country and this culture. Likewise, I want to perform my English languages. Effectively, speak English is very important today for a chemist researcher because the biggest chemistry’s laboratories are situated in English-speaking countries. In particular, those laboratories are situated in U.S.A. That’s why I want to integrate a university in U.S.A.

Among the proposed programmes at the University of Texas at Austin, it is the one of natural sciences which attracted me the most. More particularly, I swear that I can integrate the department of chemistry and biochemistry because it corresponds to my current studies.

Moreover, I’ve seen by visiting your website that U.T. was ranking as the thirteenth best University among the public school according to the U.S. news and world report survey of undergraduate programs. So this information has reassured me in the choice of this university in particular.
Likewise, I’ve seen that a lot of prestigious teachers are working in the college. For example, I can quote the professor of chemistry Brent Iverson. He receives a price for having demonstrated extraordinary classroom performances and innovation in undergraduate instruction. So I think that I could make a success in my studies if I work with this professor.

In the same case, I can quote the researcher Jon Pierce-Shimomura who uses mutant roundworms to look for drugs for Parkinson's disease. You must know that roundworms are bowel’s parasites. So I’m very interesting to know how we can use them to treat illness. My grandfather was suffered from Parkinson’s disease and I want to know more about this syndrome. So I’m sure that it could be very interesting for me to learn more about this disease by working with this researcher.

In another hand, I’ve seen, that Texas University have got a department of marine sciences wish propose voluntaries works to protect marine animal-life. Similarly, in Reunion Island, we have got a big coral reef. Since I was young, I was made sensitive to the protection of reef’s life. Reunion Island was recently classified as “cultural heritage”. That’s demonstrating how much nature was present in my Island and why we have to protect it. So if I can integrate your university, I want to participate to those voluntaries marine’s works to preserve the biodiversity.

To conclude, I just want to say that I’m really motivated to integrate this University because it corresponds to my waits. It would be the final touch of my academic experience. Thank you for having listening to me. If you have got any questions I let you ask me them.

Vous pourriez par exemple corriger les temps mal utiliser ainsi que l'emplois des préposition (at, of on in from) mal placées. Citez moi aussi ce qui vous semble incohérent comme phrase. SVP^^. Merci.

Sinon, parce que je sais que vous n'êtes ps trop branchés anglais. Vous pourriez me donner un site qui pourrait corriger mon texte gratuitement si vous en connaissez un, ce serait cool aussi.

Papillon
Souki
Modératrice

Message Posté le: Sam Nov 19, 2011 20:52 pm    Sujet du message:
Si tu passes un oral, c'est pour que l'on juge ton aisance à l'oral... Soit ta capacité à interagir. Inutile de préparer un texte. Un plan suffit.

Je pense qu'on peut te refouler pour ça, même.

Sinon, on dit 'I AM 20." (ou "I am 20 years old).
Petitange
Suprème actif
Suprème actif

Message Posté le: Sam Nov 19, 2011 21:01 pm    Sujet du message:
En fait, je n'ai pas été précis. (en dirait que j'ai déjà vécu cette scène). Ce n'est pas un vrai entretien vu qu'il est prévu d'avance que je parle tout seul 10 minutes et qu'ensuite l'on me pose des questions pendant 5 minutes. Aussi, je ne vais avoir aucuns documents à disposition. Je vais donc tenté de mémoriser au mieux ce texte (oui, c'est ce qu'il ne faut pas faire, mais étant donné que je ne possède pas de réel vocabulaire en anglais me permettant de faire du freestyle oral, autant apprendre par coeur.)

Je voulais une correction pour être sûr de ne pas me tromper au niveau de la prononciation de certaines formes verbales, ou de l'utilisation de certains mots/expressions à l'oral.
Souki
Modératrice

Message Posté le: Sam Nov 19, 2011 21:19 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Correction Anglais (un peu beaucoup urgent)!!!!!!!!!!
Petitange a écrit:
Good morning!!! First of all, I would like to thank you for granted me this interview. Now, I am going to introduce myself a little bit to begin. So my name is ***, and my last name is ***. I spell it ***.
???
I am twenty years old and I come from Reunion Island. It’s a French overseas department wish was situated (pourquoi ? ça a changé ???) in (the ?) Indian ocean, at the East of South Africa and Madagascar, close to Mauritius.

I study at the University of Reunion Island, where I am in my third and last undergraduate year with a major in chemistry and a minor (est-ce idiomatique ?) in Physics. You must know that the third undergraduate year at Reunion Island corresponds to the junior year in U.S.A.

I chose this curriculum because chemistry is a passion for me. A lot of people are convinced that chemistry was (has been ?) fatal for the environment. (ça pue le calque... après, je ne sais pas si ça passe pour un anglophone...) But that isn’t true in several cases (so you can tell this idea is based on prejudice) and I think that we can use chemistry to protect nature (which nature ? you'd rather say : "...we can use chemistry in ecological purposes") . Furthermore, since I was in High school, I was fascinated by chemistry and nature. Indeed, biodiversity was (so it is no longer there ?) present all around us in Reunion Island and we have to protect it. Consequently, In the future I would like to become a researcher in chemistry to the service of nature. (I would like to protect nature as a researcher in chemistry)

I really love the place where I live, but in another hand
(elle est où, ta première main ???),
I would like to see other country
(juste un ??)
to discover another culture and being independent.
Rupture de construction : tu veux "to discover" et tu veux donc aussi "to be", donc tu dis "and be..."
For these reasons among others,
(1. that est singulier
2. that est péjoratif et donc il convient d'employer le pluriel de this)
I would like to integrate the University of Texas at Austin.
(why Austin especially ? You should only talk about foreign countries for now.)

At first, I choose
t'as déjà utilisé ce verbe. Et puis c'est à eux de te choisir... Tu pourrais pay attention, tu pourrais être interested in, focus on...
universities in U.S.A. because I’m very interested by this country and this
its
culture. Likewise, I want to perform my English languages. Indeed, speaking English is very important today for a chemist researcher because the biggest chemistry’s laboratories are situated in English-speaking countries. In particular (especially), those laboratories are situated in U.S.A. That’s why I want to integrate a university in U.S.A.

J'arrête là. Tu vas être jugé par des gens de l'université d'Austin ?

Dernière édition par Souki le Sam Nov 19, 2011 21:34 pm; édité 2 fois
Souki
Modératrice

Message Posté le: Sam Nov 19, 2011 21:29 pm    Sujet du message:
Quand tu t'adresses à des anglo-saxons, il n'est pas seulement question de leur parler dans leur langue, il faut aussi te mettre à leur place et jouer sur leurs valeurs. L'utilisation du mot "opportunity" serait la bienvenue. Glisser quelques références à l'histoire des USA pourrait les charmer (à double tranchant). Flatte cette fac : au lieu de leur parler de leur site internet, parle-leur de recherches importantes qu'ils ont effectuées. Dis que tu serais très "excited" par le fait de travailler pour l'excellence (clairement, tu peux leur apporter de la main d’œuvre gratuite).

Vends-toi ; tes émois ne nous intéressent que s'ils t'ont amené à entreprendre des projets. Montre que tu peux innover, prendre des initiatives, que tu as des choses à leur offrir. Si tu es passionné, il ne suffit pas de parler de tes passions ; parle-leur des domaines connexes que tu as explorés, rentre dans le détail des domaines de recherches.

Les anglo-saxons articulent souvent leurs écrits autour d'anecdotes. Donc tu peux raconter une anecdote, si elle est pertinente, c'est-à-dire si elle fait comprendre au moins 75% de ce que tu veux exprimer.

EDIT : eh mais si t'es à la Réunion, ça veut dire que c'est la fin du printemps, pour toi ??
Petitange
Suprème actif
Suprème actif

Message Posté le: Sam Nov 19, 2011 21:54 pm    Sujet du message:
[QUOTE="Plasma"]Quand tu tA mince, j'ai oublié de préciser. C'est un devoir qu'on a en anglais qui consiste à faire semblant qu'on veut intégrer telle ou telle université. Je veux dire par là que ce n'est pas un réel entretiens. Ce texte n'est donc que pur mensonge quand à mes motivations réelles pour l'avenir (et mon grand père n'a pas la maladie de P)

Je passerai devant un jury de professeur de mon université. Merci de ton aide précieuse.

Tes derniers conseils m'aident beaucoup. J'essaierai de les appliquer en modifiant le texte. Il faut donc que je montre que je peut être un atout pour cette université et aussi que j'ai vraiment envie de l'intégrer.

Bon je vais me corriger grâce à tes corrections. Je reviendrai plutôt lundi soir.

Merci beaucoup^^.

PS: Nous n'avons que deux saisons ici: été et hivers. Actuellement c'est l'été je crois. Tout l'inverse de l'hémisphère nord.
AngieC
De passage
De passage

Message Posté le: Sam Nov 19, 2011 22:50 pm    Sujet du message: Re: Correction Anglais (un peu beaucoup urgent)!!!!!!!!!!
Voilà la correction : (ce qui est entre crochets est à supprimer, j'ai changé un minimum)

Good morning!!! First, I would like to thank you for granting me this interview. I am going to introduce myself a little bit to begin with. So my name is ***, and my last name is ***. It spells ***. I am twenty years old and I come from the Reunion Island. It’s a French overseas 'département' which is located in the Indian ocean, to the East of South Africa and Madagascar, close to Mauritius.

I am a student at the University of the Reunion Island. I am in my third and last undergraduate year, with a major in chemistry and a minor in Physics. [You must know that] the third undergraduate year at the Reunion Island is roughly the same as the junior year in the U.S.A. [roughly (à peu près) : prononcer 'reuf-li']

I chose this curriculum because chemistry is a passion for me. A lot of people are convinced [of] that chemistry is a disaster for the environment. But that isn’t true in several cases and I think that we can use chemistry to protect nature. Furthermore, since I [was in] High School, I have been fascinated by chemistry and nature. In fact, biodiversity is present all around us on the Reunion Island and we have to protect it. As a conséquence, in the future I would like to become a researcher in chemistry at the service of nature.

I really love the place where I live, but on another hand, I would like to see other countries in order to discover other cultures and be independent. For those reasons among others, I would like to join the University of Texas in Austin.

At first, I chose a university in the U.S.A. because I’m very interested in this country and its culture. Also, I want to improve my English. Indeed, speaking English is very important nowadays for a chemist researcher because the largest chemistry laboratories are located in English-speaking countries. In particular, those labs are often located in the U.S.A. That’s why I want to join a university there.

Among the curricula offered at the University of Texas in Austin, it is the one about natural sciences which attracts me the most. I promised myself to join [si c'est ça que tu veux dire, je ne comprends pas bien] the chemistry and biochemistry department because it is in line with my current studies.

Moreover, I saw on your website that U.T. was ranked as the thirteenth best University among public schools according to the U.S. news and world report survey of undergraduate programs. So this information has confirmed my choice of this university in particular.
Also, I’ve seen that a lot of prestigious teachers are working in the college. For example, I can mention chemistry professor Brent Iverson. He was awarded a prize for showing extraordinary classroom performance [performance s'utilise au singulier, mais je je comprends pas ce que tu veux dire] and innovation in undergraduate teaching. So I think that my studies could be successful if I could work with this Professor.

I can also mention researcher Jon Pierce-Shimomura who uses mutant roundworms to look for drugs for Parkinson's disease. [You must know that] roundworms are bowel parasites. So I’m very interested in finding out how we can use them to treat illnesses. My grandfather had Parkinson’s disease and I want to know more about this syndrome. So I’m sure that it could be very interesting for me to learn more about this disease by working with this researcher.

On another topic, I saw that Texas University had a marine sciences department which offers voluntary work to protect marine animal-life. The Reunion Island has a large coral reef. Since I was young, I have been aware of the need to protect the reef’s life. The Reunion Island was recently classified as “cultural heritage”. This demonstrates how vital nature is on my Island and why we have to protect it. So if I could join your university, I would like to take part in this voluntary marine work to preserve the biodiversity.

In conclusion, I just want to say that I’m really motivated to join this University because it fulfills my expectations . It would be an amazing plus to add to my my academic background. Thank you for listening. Feel free to ask any question you may have.

Citation:
Sinon, parce que je sais que vous n'êtes pas trop branchés anglais.

Ah bon ?? ;o)

Citation:
Vous pourriez me donner un site qui pourrait corriger mon texte gratuitement si vous en connaissez un, ce serait cool aussi.

Ben voilà, j'espère que ça te sera utile !
Tiens-nous au courant.
A
Petitange
Suprème actif
Suprème actif

Message Posté le: Lun Nov 21, 2011 21:00 pm    Sujet du message:
Merci beaucoup à vous deux.

Vos corrections m'ont beaucoup aiguiller. J'espère me souvenir de tout ça au cours de l'oral. Il y a bien des fautes que je suis certain de refaire parce qu'elles sont ancrées dans mon cerveau. Mais je pense que dans l'ensemble je pourrai viser la moyenne si je retiens globalement ce texte.

Le "the" devant "Reunion Island", on l'a jamais mis en cours... Bien qu'il semble logique d'après ta correction de l'inclure systématiquement. Bref, il faudra que je me renseigne là dessus et vite.

Sinon, pour la phrase incluant le terme "performance", je l'avais piqué sur le site de l'université du Texas. Mais là, je n'arrive plus à retrouver la phrase sur le site. Mais en bref, je voulais dire que le professeur "tatata" a reçu un prix de l'éducation pour avoir produit de bonnes performances scolaires dans sa classe, ainsi que que de bonne innovations en matière éducative au niveau licence.

Merci de vos deux corrections.
AngieC
De passage
De passage

Message Posté le: Lun Nov 21, 2011 22:27 pm    Sujet du message:
Pour La Réunion, j'aurais eu tendance à dire soit "Réunion" sans article, soit "the Réunion Island" avec un article, mais il faudrait que je vérifie.
Suis ce que dit ton prof.

Pour l'autre phrase, tu pourrais dire :
He was awarded a prize for achieving great results and using innovative undergraduate teaching methods.

A
Pobot3
Super actif
Super actif

Message Posté le: Mar Nov 22, 2011 00:52 am    Sujet du message:
Penses à utiliser des phrases courtes, les américains n'utilisent pas de phrases de plus de 4 ou 5 mots à l'oral. Attends toi à être interpellé, interrompu, interrogé en plein milieu de ton "discours" donc ne te repose pas sur le fait de connaître par coeur ce texte. ça risque de te porter préjudice.

Laisse tomber les belles tournures de phrases au profit de la simplicité... (passe-toi du "the" là où tu peux, parce que ça fait lourd à l'oral...)

Exemples :

- Reunion sans le "the"...

- It’s a French overseas 'département' which is located in the Indian ocean, to the East of South Africa and Madagascar, close to Mauritius. => It’s a French overseas 'département', located on the Indian ocean, South-East of Africa and Madagascar, close to Mauritius.

- As a conséquence, in the future ... / That's why, in the future....

- Là tu te permets de t'étaler un peu...
/* I really love the place where I live, but, I want (pour montrer de la détermination) to see other countries too, to discover their cultures. I think living abroad is a great experience, it's different, exciting, interesting and it makes you more independent...
(Comme l'a mentionné Plasma, il faut beaucoup parler des avantages, selon toi, de ton voyage aux états-unis, montrer de l'intérêt...etc etc) */

- ...was ranked as the thirteenth => (On peut virer le "as the") ... was ranked thirteenth...

- In conclusion, [...] I’m really motivated / excited (ils adorent ce mot les américains) to join....

Dis toi que si tu apprends le texte, il faudra faire un effort pour ne pas "réciter", puis si t'a un trou tu vas bloquer, alors que si tu te Fais un petit mémo avec les points importants que tu veux aborder, et tu laisse le reste à l'improvisation, tu arriveras mieux...

Voilà voilà

PS : Salut Genaisse, ça fait un bail^^

Dernière édition par Pobot3 le Mar Nov 22, 2011 20:49 pm; édité 1 fois
Will.i.am
Mister Genaisse 2012

Message Posté le: Mar Nov 22, 2011 06:29 am    Sujet du message:
Pobot's return
-Tutiz?
Membre
Membre

Message Posté le: Mar Nov 22, 2011 18:00 pm    Sujet du message:
IMO, tu devrais plus mettre en valeur le fait que l'anglais est important en science parce-que les rapports etc sont rédigés dans cette langue et pour communiquer avec les autres scientifiques.
Il n'y a pas que les USA, il ne faut pas l'oublier.
theamenthe
Petit nouveau
Petit nouveau

Message Posté le: Ven Nov 25, 2011 17:07 pm    Sujet du message:
Et alors? des nouvelles de ton oral qui a dû avoir lieu maintenant! Comment ça s'est passé?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum pour jeunes -> Travail, études